Not long ago we heard the speculation of the upcoming Huawei flagship, however, the good news is that you can now update Huawei P9 Lite Nougat update to Android 7.0. Also the EMUI 5.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat for Huawei P9 Lite and it is official, it haven’t pass the testing stage and you will experience some minor bugs when you update it.
Since Android 7.0 Nougat is specially developed for Huawei P9 Lite devices from Huawei developers, the latest firmware that can be downloaded brings all new Android 7.0 Nougat features, capabilities and applications to your Huawei P9 Lite. However, there are changes that make this latest update a must.
Furthermore, the firmware can be easily modified and configured in such a way that you can easily boost the performance of your device and upgrade the battery life if the battery of your Huawei P9 Lite is running faster than in the previous update.
Receiving and installing a new OTA (Over The Air) update is only possible if your Huawei P9 Lite is already running a stock Android OS (stock recovery) and has no root access or permission to do so. Aside this, you won’t be notify to update your Huawei P9 Lite to Android 7.0 Nougat EMUI 5.0 OS because of the rooting, which will brick your device when upgrading using OTA,that is if your device have root access. Best Tips On How To Get MIUI 12 Sleep Tracker On All Xiaomi Device?
WARNING: Should any damage occurred during this or you harm your device Gmobiletech shouldn’t be held responsible.
How to manually upgrade Huawei P9 Lite to Android 7.0 Nougat [EMUI 5.0]
- The Huawei P9 Lite Nougat 7.0 firmware is separated in two zipped files (.Zip) which means that you should flash both files in order to get a taste of Android 7.0 Nougat on your Huawei smartphone.
- The flashing process can be done using Stock Recovery or TWRP Recovery but if you have a rooted device, it’ll be more preferable if you use TWRP Recovery on your Huawei P9 Lite.
- Download both zipped files (.zip) from the link below and save them in your internal storage.
- Power of your Huawei P9 Lite completely and Boot into recovery mode.
- When the recovery is displayed, from the TWRP recovery you need to click on the install option and install the first Huawei P9 Lite Nougat firmware which consists a total size of 1300MB(1.3GB). While flashing this ROM you’ll get an error message but don’t worry yourself because this is a normal error message, all you need now is to go with the below procedures.
- After the error message, go back to recovery main menu and click on the install option again, find the second Android 7.0 Nougat for Huawei P9 Lite and install it. Swipe to the left to confirm your installation process.
- It’ll take about 5mins then reboot your Huawei P9 Lite smartphone.