NetSpeedMonitorcan be use to Display Your Internet Speed on the Taskbar in Windows.
Your pc is running slow. You want to know if it is an internet problem or a problem with your pc. Do you have a program that runs in the background to slow things down, or slow Internet speed? You will be pleased to check the fast pace, but Windows does not offer a native application to monitor your internet speed but with NetSpeedMonitor you can see your internet speed.
There are other options:
You can keep records of your current upload and download speeds on your taskbar to install, small simple tool called NetSpeedMonitor. NetSpeedMonitor is old, but still effective, a program that can do that, and it was free.
Features of NetSpeedMonitor
To use NetSpeedMonitor, you must be running Windows XP or later. This program was developed for earlier versions of Windows, but if you are using Windows 10, you can run the program in compatibility mode if it will not install.
You should ensure that you have downloaded the program that’s right, though. The file name must end in “x64_setup”. If you use one ending in “x86_setup,” it will not run on a Windows 10 machine, even if you run it in compatibility mode. Different versions are found in various sites may be the cause of some confusion.
NetSpeedMonitor not have a large number of additional features, which makes neat and clean and easy to use. No ads, and developers held it does have a good selection.
Installation of NetSpeedMonitor
- Download and install the program. If installed correctly, you can skip to step nine.
- If you see the message “Operating system not supported error,” you’ll need to run applications in compatibility mode.
- To run in compatibility mode, find the download in the file explorer and right click.
- Select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Check the box next to “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and make sure the drop-down menu under the option is on the “A previous version of Windows.”
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Install the program again.
- Once the program is installed, a prompt will appear asking if you want to add a toolbar to the taskbar bandwidth monitoring. Click Yes.
- A configuration window will open where you can make changes to the language and network adapters. When they are correct, click Save.
- When you press the button Save, the download and upload speeds toolbar will appear on the right side of the taskbar.
By default, NetSpeedMonitor measure the speed of your internet use kbit (kilobit). You may want to change it to Mbps (Megabits) since most Internet Service Providers to report speed in Megabits per second. To change these settings, right-click on the display of speed and select Configuration, then click on the drop-down menu next to “Bitrate” and select “Mbit / s.” Hit Apply.
When you open the configuration window, you can make other adjustments such as font family, size, and alignment toolbars.
NetSpeedMonitor simple to download and use to monitor your upload and download speeds right in your taskbar on Windows devices. You can check them at any time to make sure your Internet is working properly.