The Ring Doorbell has changed the view of people about home protection. The most common aspect of this unique technology product is the ability to capture clips of whatever is at your door as movement happens while you are able to converse with people whenever you want.
These capabilities definitely rely on the capacity of the doorbell to connect to wireless Internet connection and to transmit a clip, which can be jeopardised if the device is bug-induced. Some doorbell owners in Ring have in fact complained of the loss of sound, night vision and Wi-Fi when these crashes occur.
If you face this dilemma, there’s nothing to lose sleep over, you just have to bring the doorbell back into the factory and everything will be back to normal. Would you like to know how to do this? See How To Reset Your Ring Doorbell Or Get Rid Of It From Your Account:
How Can I Reset Your Ring Doorbell Or Get Rid Of It From My Account?
Resetting a Ring doorbell is not difficult in any way, however, how it will happen will depend on the model you own The Ring 1, Ring 2, or Ring Pro. Only stick to these instructions:
- If you want to reset the Ring 1, locate and press the orange button on the back of the doorbell, hold it down for at least twenty seconds before releasing. If you own the Ring 2, hold down the black button on the front of the doorbell for twenty seconds. If you are a Ring Pro owner, hold down the black button on the right side of the camera for twenty seconds.
- Release the button and the Ring light on the front will begin to flash. When it stops, the reset is done.
You will want to reset your doorbell, if you want to give it out to someone else to unlink it from your account. If this is the case, the device does not need a reset, only delete it from your smartphone’s Ring application.
Remember, too, that all the video video in your ring app are gone when you delete a device. You must ensure that the clip is downloaded before deleting the device from the application if you have any footage you wish to save.
How Can I Delete A Ring Doorbell From The Ring App And Remove It From Your Account?
- Launch the Ring application and click the name of the Ring doorbell you would want to disconnect.
- Way down on the display, click “Device Settings.”
- Swipe down in the Settings list and click “General Settings.”
- Way down on the General Settings menu, click “Remove This Device.”